Check out my lastest blog post on my new blog - it is a makeup haul!!
Sunday, 28 June 2015
Hey guys, after not blogging on here in 2 years, I've decided to create a new blog(bxckymxrris), which is a bit more relatable to now. However it is still a fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog. Feel free to check it out!
www.bxckymxrris.blogspot.co.uk (link to new blog)
Hope you enjoy, Becky xx
Instagram - bckymrris
www.bxckymxrris.blogspot.co.uk (link to new blog)
Hope you enjoy, Becky xx
Instagram - bckymrris
Friday, 22 March 2013
Hey everyone, so today i have a review on the Rockstar soap from LUSH!
I've heard about this so much from different people, but it never really appealed to me as i am more of a shower gel kind of girl, but when i received this in a set from Christmas i finally had a excuse to try it. The scent is really nice and the scent stays on your skin for quite some time after which is always nice, but its not overpowering. Its adds a little moisture not a lot in my opinion, but it doesn't dry my skin, which a lot of products do.
What do you think of this product?
Sunday, 17 March 2013
Today I thought i would show you what is on my Wishlist for this month, I really like reading this and look at what people want, as it gives me ideas of things i want. This month its mostly clothes because i have been trying to stop buying makeup, because I feel like i have enough.
I really love coloured jeans and i think they are perfect for spring and summer, as it rarely gets warm here in England. I also love denim shirts fr layering when its not too cold but a little chilly.
What is on your wishlist?
Tuesday, 12 March 2013
Since my blog is about beauty i thought i might as well do these question, and because i thought i might be quite fun. (I made this post a long time ago, i just never posted it so bare with!)
1.How many times do you wash your face daily?
I wash my face once at night but normally in the morning i use a face wipe to get off the remaining makeup i didn't get off the night before.
2.What skin type do you have?
Normal with patches of oily(on my nose, chin and sometimes on my forehead)
3.What's your current facial wash?
I am currently using Clean and Clears Truly Gentle Facial Wash.
4.Do you exfoliate?
Yes, i use the LUSH ocean salt to exfoliate. But i don't use it as much in the winter as my skin is more dry in the winter.
5.What brand do you use?
Like i said i use the LUSH Ocean Salt
6.What moisturiser do you use?
I use the Clean and Clear Dual Action moisturiser.
7.Do you have freckles?
8.Do you use eye cream?
No, because i don't think at my age it is necessary.
9.Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
No, ive not suffered with acne, like most teenagers i get the odd spot but nothing serious.
10.Do you or did you have to use Pro-activ?
No, my skin has never been that bad that i thought i need it.
11. What foundation do you use?
I currently use the Revlon Colourstay foundation and i love it, but i want to try the Maybelline Fit me foundation or the Revlon Nearly Nude foundation.
12.How about concealer?
I use the Collection 2000 Lasting perfection concealer, which i really recommend. But it only come in 3 shades which is a downside to the product.
13.Do you know your undertone colour?
My undertone colour is yellow undertones.
14.What do you think of false eyelashes?
I don't have any strong feelings towards them or against them. I never really wear them myself but i do think they look good on people.
15.Did you know you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes, which i follow most of the time.
16.What brand of mascara do you use?
I use maybelline, i think they have some great mascara's for the price. I especially like the One by One and the Rocket Mascara.
17. Sephora or MAC?
MAC, since i live in the UK we don't have sephora here and i've never been to one.
18.Do you have a MAC pro-card?
19.What makeup tools do you use during makeup application?
Brushes mainly, but also cotton buds.
20.Do you use a makeup base/primer for your eyes?
Yes, for a primer i use Too Faced Shadow insurance and for a base i use MAC paint pot in Bare study because it is a really pretty champagne shade and helps my shadows last. I really want to try the Urban Decay primer potion though.
21. For the face?
No, as i don't wear much face makeup and if i do i dont wear it that often, so i dont find it nessicary to buy a primer.
22. What is your favourite eyeshadow? (colour or shade)
This one is hard, i have so many...i really like urban decay's verve(lid), suspect and snakebite(i like suspect and snakebite mixed together in the outer corner and crease) I also really like retrospeck(lid) and honeylust(outer corner and crease) from MAC.
23.Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I use them both equally, i like to wear pencil on the upper lash line and pencil on my water line.
24. What do you think of pigment eyeshadow?
I dont tend to reach for them, as i find them messy and harder to use than pressed eyeshadows.
25. Do you use mineral makeup?
I dont own much mineral makeup but ive wanted to try something from bare minerals. I own some mineral eyeshadows from elf though, which i quite like but they are a bit messy.
26. What is your favourite lipstick?
Rimmel's Lasting finish by Kate Moss liptick in the shade 19. Because it islike my natural lip shade but better.
27. What is your favourite blush to use?
I really like a Barry M blusher, im not sure on the shade but i think it is raspberry. I also like Elf's blush in Twinkle Pink.
28. Do you buy your makeup on Ebay?
29. Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yes sometimes, depending on the brand and product i think some products can be just as good and sometimes better than highend makeup products. I really like the Maybelline mascaras and Revlon's lip products.
30. Do you go to CCO'S (cosmetic company outlets)
No, because i have none near me and i dont even think they have them in the UK.
31. Have you ever considered taking makeup classes?
No, but i would like to when i'm older.
32. Are you clumsy at putting on makeup?
Sometimes, that is why i like to have easy access to cotton buds to smarten up and get rid of any mistakes.
33. Name the makeup crime you hate?
When people use completely wrong shade of makeup and then dont blend it down their necks. Also when people wear way to much bronzer.
34. Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick and eyeshadow or neutral ones?
I prefer neutral eyeshadows, but more colourful lips as i dont suit nude lips at all.
35. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Urmm...i think i lot of celebrity's have great makeup. I think Lucy Hale always has great makeup.
36. If you could leave the house wearing only one makeup item, what would it be?
Probably either concealer or mascara.
37. Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes, i do most days
38. Do you think you look god even without makep on?
Yes, but i feel more confident when im wearing makeup
39. In your opinion, what is the best makeup line?
I really like MAC for their quality and range of products, but their stuff is quite expensive which is a downside.
40. What do you think of makeup?
I think it is great because you can be really creative with it, also it makes people more confident which i think is a good thing.
Monday, 11 March 2013
I know by know, you have all probably seen far to many reviews on the Real Techniques brushed, but these brushes are literally amazing. They are so soft and don't shed, since these make-up brushes are made by Samantha Chapman, who is if you didn't know is a beauty blogger, she obviously knows what brushes work best.
I have the expert face brush, which i use for foundation (and sometimes powder!) it apply's foundation perfectly and evenly, you can apply your foundation heavily or lightly depending on the coverage you want. The packaging is nothing amazing, it defiantly better than some packaging though. The handles of the brush are quite a good design, as they have a flat bottom so they stand, but when you want to put them in a pot, it is really not helpful.
I really want to try some more brushes from this line, as from the review i've read, they are all just as good.
Have you tried these brushes? Which ones do you recommend?
Saturday, 23 February 2013
Today i thought i would share with some of my beauty tips!
1. Heat up your eyelash curler before using it, not so it burns you obviously but it helps curl your lashes easier and better and helps them keep their curl.
2. If you are out of makeup remover you can use body lotion to remove makeup, it even works well on mascara.
3. Wash your make up brushes regularly to remove any of the bacteria that is on the brush as if you use dirty brushes all the bacteria on the brush you will be putting it onto your face, which can cause spots. Also clean brushes apply makeup more evenly.
4. Always wear suncream, even if it is cloudy and raining outside the sun can still damage your skin. Even if you wear foundation or tinted moisturiser with SPF, its better than nothing.
5. Drink lots of water, i know you are probably sick and tired of hearing this tip but honestly it does work it makes your skin so much more healthy. Drinking lots of water can also really help your hair and nails be more healthy.
6. Use a nude or white eyeliner on your water line rather than a black eyeliner as a nude or white eyeliner helps brighten up your eyes and make them appear bigger, whereas a black eyeliner can sometimes make your eyes seem smaller.
7. Pat your concealer instead of rubbing it, this conceals things better and also if you apply concealer under your eyes, if you pat it in it can help prevent wrinkles around the eye area.
8. Don't pump your mascara what i mean by this is don't move the wand up and down in the tube really quickly as this get more air in the tube, causing the mascara to dry out quicker.
9. When buying a new foundation by yourself, don't test the shade on your hand as the skin on you hand is a different shade to your face. The best place to test foundation is on the jaw line.
Do you have any beauty tips?